Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Dumpling's first swimming lesson...

Was absolutely brilliant! The lessons are on Friday afternoons and as PH finishes work early on Fridays swimming lessons are going to be his and Dumpling's bonding activity. Dumpling was a little star, she was dunked twice and on the first dunk she flustered a bit but on the second dunk she didn't bat an eyelid. She was even kicking her legs when they were swimming around. PH couldn't stop grinning through the lesson and for the rest of the evening. He said he felt like a bit of a plonka singing the nursery rhymes but I was very supportive and told him to suck it up!

The great thing is that this has helped to increase PH's interest in Bath time. He has always loved bath time but now that he has been advised to practice with Dumpling he's even more keen to get her bathed. Which gives me about half an hour to myself. Bliss!

However, I am slightly incensed with the swimming school taking £140 out of my account already for the Autumn term which starts in September and then advising me that I have a two week "window" in July in which we can change our lessons but any changes outside this will cost £30 administration fee. So, erm, if I want to make changes in August then I have to pay £30? Seems a bit of a cheek to me as the lessons aren't exactly cheap. Unfortunately they are the only swimming school in the area so they kinda have us parents over a barrel. Just seems a bit ruthless. Guess I'm going to have to get used to this sort of thing and stop being such a naive new parent!

1 comment:

  1. That is quite a lot to pay but always worth it. Swimming is really important and the sooner they start getting used to the water, the better they will be.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete